In This Episode
It took Kyle Jordan two years to find his edge in copywriting.
And he was pissed at me about it.
Here’s what he wrote to me:
Two years and one month ago, I graduated from RFL 10.
And to be honest with you, when I finished your program… I was pissed off!
It felt like I worked my ass off in RFL and gained nothing. No progress, no new clients, nothing.
Fortunately, I didn’t let my impatience get the better of me.
Because over the past year, EVERYTHING I learned in RFL started to pay off!
About ten months ago, I made the jump to full-time freelance work.
I was able to do that because I used my Bat Signal Talent Matrix to land my first retainer client.
It’s crazy how well this worked.
My BST inventory allowed me to tap into experiences I had written off as part of a wayward past.
Rediscovering that past helped me become the email voice of one of the NHL’s most beloved stars. And in the process, I helped his brand double its revenue.
Then, just a week ago, I was invited on The Copywriters Podcast with David Garfinkel to discuss the latest iteration of my BST – “Funnel Renovation Specialists.”
One of the big reasons David wanted to have me on his show was to discuss an authority content series I started working on back in RFL 10 – Full Funnel Nudity.
It may be two years since RFL 10. But it’s all finally starting to come together.
I’m capitalizing on all the things I visualized two years ago.
I’m certainly no overnight success story. I am not even a two-year success story.
Instead, I am an example of what can happen when you fully invest yourself in RFL
and stick with it day after day, over the long haul…
… Which, I think, makes me a compelling and unique guest for one of your Copy Chief Podcast New Breed episodes.
My evolution from phase 1 to phase 4… and building to phase 5 of the freelancer’s journey is real and raw.
It’s far from the fast track to “3 comma paydays” that most marketers crow about.
Instead, it’s authentic.
And my story will show others how RFL isn’t about “fast or last “ biz oppy tactics.
It will help them see RFL for what it truly is.
A business-wise strategic guide for finding your happiest life in copywriting over and over again.
So if you have me on the pod, not only am I willing to share how RFL helped me find my way to freelancing freedom and stability…
… But I can also share:
- How I went from being a burned-out Parole Officer who was vomiting on his shoes every morning in the courthouse parking lot to writing brand-building sales copy for pro athletes.
- Why I decided to walk away from a full-time copy gig during the height of pandemic hysteria and go freelance.
- A unique hack for increasing email open rates and engagement that works even in the era of “data privacy”
- The single biggest reason eCommerce brands should hire a copywriter
- Why you should disgust every one who passes through your marketing funnel
- And more, if you ask for it!
Anyway, you get the idea.
If you’re up for it, I would LOVE to come on the CC Pod and share my RFL journey with others.
Let me know what you think?
Thanks again for everything.
So, that’s exactly what we did.
If you’re feeling lost about finding “your thing”, this one is for you.
- Download the Episode Here
- Leave a review here – STITCHER | SPOTIFY | ITUNES | YOUTUBE
Plus… whenever you’re ready:
- Become a member of Copy Chief here
- Join our program for new freelancers – Escape Velocity
- Place yourself on the Freelancer’s Journey Timeline
- Learn How To Raise Prices