In This Episode
I’m thrilled about this episode today because I get to jump all the way to Phase 7 of The Freelancers Journey Timeline and talk to you about more advanced business strategies and tactics.
If you don’t know about the Freelancers Journey – it’s a simple 7-step roadmap to freelance success. It takes the guesswork out of how to build a freelance career by mapping out a proven path through The 7 Phases of Freelancing.
Phase 7 is when you’re beyond client money and are building your own assets and your own business. This is where you get to build your “Legacy Business.”
Now I ‘ain’t talking about erecting a statue of yourself in the town square. A “Legacy Business” is where your business can thrive without you, and ideally, long after you’ve left this green earth.
Building a legacy business is all about creating security and support for – not only your customers and your team – but hopefully your family. Truly leaving your mark on the world in a big way, passed down through generations.
I’ve been fortunate enough (and am still slightly shocked) that I’m here in Phase 7 now – focusing my days on building a business that goes far beyond “The Kevin Rogers Show.”
Today I’m joined by my own “Integrator” – Rachel Mazza – who steers the ship here at Copy Chief and leads my team…
And also Jessica Mae Stafford – my personal finance coach and CPA at Copy Chief – who is even further along the journey of building a legacy business than I am.
Together we’re talking about the “big boy stuff” that comes with building and running a legacy business
- The tools we’re putting in place to help our businesses run without us
- The systems and processes we use to give our team freedom to do their best work without babysitting
- Solving the “people puzzle” when hiring and leading a team
- The unexpected secret to making EVERY team meeting efficient and productive
- How to feel comfortable trusting your team so you can finally “let go” without stress
- Balancing the creative “visionary” role with the tactical “Integrator” role to accomplish big goals without overloading your team
- How to build a powerful culture for your team, and communicate it in a way that gets people fired up
- The biggest mistakes we made when moving from ‘scrappy startup’ to legacy business
- Download the Episode Here
- The Bottom Line CPA
- Copy Chief
- EOS Worldwide
- Rocketfuel book
- The Freelancers Journey
- Leave a review here – STITCHER | SPOTIFY | ITUNES | YOUTUBE