A few years ago the direct response copywriting industry had a SERIOUS PROBLEM…
There was only one place online for copywriters to connect with clients, and to put it bluntly, the place was a cesspool.
It was overrun with bullies and trolls and loudmouths with no actual experience writing copy.
REAL copywriters and marketers with experience creating successful campaigns wouldn’t go near the place, and if they did happen to stumble upon it, they quickly ran the other way.
So, copywriters had no trusted space to learn their craft and build a network of peers to learn from and grow with…
… and clients looking to hire copywriters had no idea where to find real copywriters they could feel good about hiring.
This stood out to me as a serious problem because when I was starting out as a copywriter, there WAS (for a short time) a really great online forum (we called ‘em message boards back then) where you could engage in intelligent discussions about the craft of copywriting, get a critique, and meet clients who would hire them for good money.
Then, eventually, the trolls moved in there, too, and one day the owner slammed the door shut and that was that.
Today we have a totally different problem…
There are TOO MANY people creating communities around copywriting!
You see these temporary communities pop up on Facebook all the time now…
Some mid-level copywriter gets his first decent result and immediately teases eager new writers into his new FB group: “Just say ‘I’m in’ and I’ll show you my ninja hack to crushing blabbedy, blah, blahhhhhh.”
Then, predictably, after a surface-level “training,” everyone in the group gets pitched the “full course” and the upsells. After the deadline to buy, Jimmy Joe Wizbang Copy Hero abandons the group and rattles his donkey-lead medicine show towards the next town.
This is also a problem I take personally because of all these two-bit, pop-up copywriting “communities” sour copywriters on the idea of joining such a place.
Naturally, they assume all of it is a money grab, and even if there’s some decent stuff in there, the actual purpose will be to sell you more and more stuff, which means always holding the best stuff back.
I started Copy Chief in 2014 with the simple goal of creating a safe place online where the people DOING the work can share what is getting the best results.
In 2022, I’m doubling down on my commitment to keeping Copy Chief (and our members) on the cutting edge of the craft.
This month on Labor Day (here in the states) is our 8th anniversary at Copy Chief.
We just completed a total makeover including a brand new training dashboard, a new community forum, and super easy access to everything from any mobile device.
Here’s how Copy Chief is different from every other copywriting community…
- Copy Chief is a true PRIVATE community on its own state-of-the-art tech platform (not Facebook) where you get smooth and easy access to the community and all training videos on desktop or mobile.
- Everyone pays to belong, including the clients here to hire copywriters, so you’ll never see posers, bullies, or snake-oil salesmen trolling the place like on social media.
- We have the highest quality Jobs Board in the industry where we vet every gig before posting so you know it’s legit.
- Our actionable trainings are backed by real, market-tested results, never convenient theory.
- Our memberships give you access to every training – both the new monthly trainings, the Core Copy, Money Skill, and Freelancer trainings.
- You get “all meat” in the videos (60 mins or less) and PDF worksheets of the trainings so you can use it as a framework whenever you sit down to write an ad.
- The Copy Chief community is built on the principles of respect for the craft of copywriting, and each other. No drama, no showoffs, just cool people supporting each other.
- We share what is working (and what no longer works) so we can all grow together and stay ahead of the competition.
- Since 2014 Copy Chief has connected hundreds of copywriters and clients to complete high-profile projects together (with more happening every day).
- Members get unlimited reviews of their copy from professional, working copywriters, so they know they are putting out the best copy possible.
- And yes, a whole lot more…
We’re not just for freelancers, here’s how our members use Copy Chief…
For copywriters and freelancers:
In addition to a thriving community, Copy Chief is also a world-class training center to help freelancers build confidence in their copywriting and business skills. Everything we teach is field-tested by experienced working pros and backed up by real market results. PLus, the #1 Job Board in the industry.
If you’re a business owner:
Copy Chief is widely known as the #1 resource for connecting with professional, reliable copywriters. Here you’ll find writers of all price and experience levels who specialize in your niche. We are trusted by major marketing companies like Grant Cardone Enterprises, Banyan Hill Publishing (the current #1 Agora franchise), and Mirasee to provide talented, PRO CODE-following writers, and they hire in droves.
Any qualified company can use Copy Chief to meet, vet and hire proven pros who are easy to work with and deliver quality work on time. Learn about our special “Here to Hire” membership here – exclusively for business owners.
Regardless of whether you’re a freelancer or business owner, inside Copy Chief you’ll find a supportive, drama-free, community of top marketing and copywriting experts – all working together to explore their passion for the craft, gain the greatest results, and elevate the industry as a whole.
If you’re finally ready to get serious about your copywriting…
>>> Join Copy Chief before September 26th to save $602 on annual membership!
It’s all part of our big 8th-anniversary celebration. But, don’t wait, there are only 100 spots at this price!
Here’s how to land great copy gigs with the best marketing companies in the world…