Copy Chief is hiring a part-time Content and Publishing Specialist
At Copy Chief, our #1 goal is to provide incredible value to our members. The content in our Community forum, trainings, and communication is what allows us to do that.
We’re looking for a creative, tech-savvy team member to take ownership of our publishing and content operations.
Every week we publish: emails, forum posts, videos, podcasts, blog posts, social media posts, and other content-related marketing assets.
The marketing team will set the strategy, create campaign plans, and write the content needed for this material. This role is responsible for implementing those campaign plans, publishing the content, and helping the team manage our marketing assets.
The right person for this role wants to be more than just a “button pusher.” You’ll be responsible for making sure content gets published on time and in the right place – without typos, broken links, or mistakes.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, and obsessed with getting things “right.” Even better if you have a great eye for design, and love to create simple graphics using templates and “plug and play” programs like Canva.
We will provide SOPs and training, but we’re looking for someone who can Google their way to most answers – and then ask for help when they get stuck. We love to celebrate team wins, and invest in the development of our key team members.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to develop and progress their skills, and take on more responsibility as we grow.
You’ll be a key part of our team – attending team meetings, sharing your creative ideas, learning a lot, and working closely with the marketing and product delivery team. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along, and we’ll give you tons of support along the way.
You will have access to dozens of top-of-the-line online training courses, powerful software tools, regular coaching from the Leadership Team, and the chance to collaborate with a team of dedicated and talented creative marketers.
If this sounds like you, and you’re hungry for an opportunity to collaborate and work long-term with an amazing team – then we’d love to meet you. Please read the details below carefully before applying.
- Setting up, formatting, and publishing email campaigns and broadcast emails in Infusionsoft
- Building out sales pages on WordPress websites using themes like Elementor or Optimize Press
- Creating assets for our marketing campaigns, such as graphics and images using programs like Canva.com
- Trimming and editing video clips to share in our community forum or on social media
- Publish and manage all content written by the marketing team (emails, forum posts, web pages, blog posts, social media posts, etc.)
- Creating or editing new products in Thrivecart
- Collaborate with our podcast editor to publish podcast episodes and shownotes
- Collaborate with our tech team manage our “tech stack” – making minor software plugin updates as needed, managing settings, keeping email lists “clean”, etc.
- Troubleshoot publishing or content issues with the team
- Help us continually improve our publishing operations and SOPs
- Report back on campaigns
- Part-time = 15-20 hours /week with opportunity to grow into a larger role
- Monthly retainer to be determined based on experience and performance
- Starting at $1500-$2200 with room to grow as your role does
- 30-60 day (fully paid) trial period to make sure we’re a good fit
- 10 days paid vacation time + paid U.S Holidays
- Work directly for the Leadership Team with constant opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled creative team
- Love where you work!
- The Copy Chief team is one of the best you’ll ever work with. Our goal is for you to love your job, play to your strengths, and learn more here than you will in a year anywhere else.
- We don’t talk about our values, we are obsessed with living them. We’re constant learners. We communicate with intent. We practice extreme ownership. We’re better as a team. We focus on what’s possible.
- Our students are AMAZING. They inspire us every day and make it fun to do our jobs.
- You’ll have goals, resources, and a budget. How you execute and deliver is up to you.
- We value the need for doing uninterrupted, “deep work”
- We’re financially thriving and showing consistent annual growth.
- The whole team is 100% remote. We always have been. Working from home is our normal and we’re amazing at it.
Here are a few things that would make you a great candidate for this role:
- You’re a strong match to our core values – We are willing collaborators and honest communicators. We honor the Pro Code. We are perpetual students. We are driven by Pride of Performance.
- Willing to work during normal business hours in the US Eastern time zone
- Attend weekly and monthly team meetings
- Experience creating graphics and images in Canva or similar programs
- Experience doing minor trimming and editing for videos
- Deep understanding of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Experience creating pagesa and posts on WordPress and Clickfunnels
- You’re not afraid to speak up if you think timelines or expectations are unrealistic
- You’re comfortable proposing a change when you think something can be done more effectively or efficiently
- You’re hard-working – we enjoy what we do and have fun doing it. We also get a lot done very quickly and will need you to as well.
- You’re comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and this is our system for accountability.
- You have reliable (and fast) internet connection
- You’re looking for a great company you can grow with and work with long-term
- You pride yourself on always doing your best work, and have a high attention to detail
- Defending deadlines and helping things keep to “the schedule” puts you in your happy place
- You’re self-directed, self-motivated and can Google your way to most answers you don’t know (and are willing to ask for specific help when you need it)
- You’re tech savvy and know how to use the basic tech needed to operate an online biz
- Google docs, Gdrive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Zoom, etc.
- Bonus if you’ve got experience with project management software (like basecamp, asana, or click-up) – but not a deal breaker if you need some training here.
- It makes you crazy if things aren’t organized
- You’re GREAT at juggling several things at once, and can keep yourself organized when there’s lots going on
- Proofreading and double checking your work gives you the warm fuzzies
- And most importantly – you’re chill and easy to work with! (We do like to have fun while we take over the world)
**This is a general list of everyday responsibilities. Specific tasks will vary but fit into these categories
- Learn (wth training) to use and help manage our tech stack
- Community forum software – Xenforo and Invision Community
- Learn Dash
- Google Suite (Google docs, Google Drive, Google spreadsheets)
- Mac Keynote presentations and Powerpoint
- Podcast publishing
- We have a podcast editor, we need you to publish the episodes to Libsyn and post the show-notes (blog post) on our WordPress
- This also includes creating a featured photo for the post using a template
- Build Clickfunnel and WordPress pages and templates
- Build out sales pages/funnels, opt-in pages, and landing pages to promote new offers or promos
- Publish content to our social media pages using the copy written by the marketing team
- Proofread and check all content for errors (typos, broken links, correct dates/time, etc.)
- Repurpose email content for other channels
- Taking our emails and adapting them to publish to our blog or social media
- Manage our web pages
- Update content on our pages
- Review templates as needed
- Test pages on desktop & mobile
- Work with tech team on any tech hiccups or flaws in web pages
- Set up subscribe and opt-in forms
- Send email campaigns
- We send several emails a week (3-7) through infusionsoft
- Marketing team to write all the content, and we need someone to check the links and info, set up tracking, and schedule them to go out to our list
- Update automations (with tags) in infusionsoft
- Send messages to our community members via Helpdesk and the forum
- Help our Tech Team manage our tech stack
- Ex: Upgrading software or plugins like WordPress as new updates become available
- Set up URL redirects as we need to change WordPress and Clickfunnel pages
- I.e. – setting up a URL redirect to show a webinar replay video
- I.e. – creating product links or affiliate links in Thrivecart
- Set up and manage tracking triggers, pixels, and tech:
- Setting up/updating Google Tag Manager
- Updating/adding Facebook pixels
- Maintaining & updating Analytics
- Defining UTMs
- Help us manage our links and online shopping cart (ThriveCart)
- Creating product links
- Managing affiliate links
- Creating order forms for people to “checkout”
- Work with Tech Team to manage our Gsuite
- G Suite – the team internally uses Gmail, G-cal and Google Drive. All of our SOPs, although a bit unorganized, are stored in our Drive.
- Help update and improve our processes and SOPs related to the tasks above
- Other tasks related to supporting the marketing team in promoting and delivering our products
About Copy Chief
Copy Chief is a training center and community for freelancers and business owners looking to improve their marketing or business skills.
It’s the longest running and most respected marketing community where business owners and copywriters come together to…
- Learn how to write high-converting copy for clients or their own business
- Get unlimited copy critiques and feedback on their marketing campaigns
- Access actionable trainings backed by real, market-tested results (never convenient theory)
- Find high-level clients and freelancers in our active Job Boards
Our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” because we watch each other’s back with honest and instructive copy critiques, Masterclass-level trainings, and searchable framework templates to help you stay on track and pump out copy fast.
While our members are the backbone of what truly makes Copy Chief great, our Community culture and content is led by founder and marketing visionary Kevin Rogers.
Kevin started Copy Chief in 2014 so high-level copywriters and marketers could have a private place online (away from the clutter of social media) to share our well-guarded secrets on what works best (and what failed worst), so we could all do better work.
Since then we’ve opened our doors to members of all levels, from true legends of the industry to eager new converts to the craft looking to score their first client win.
Now Copy Chief is supported by a small, yet passionate team based all over the world.
We value resourcefulness, leadership, personal accountability, and passion for what you do – and of course – the desire to have a ton of fun while doing it.
We’re dedicated to giving our team members everything they need to grow into the best possible version of themselves and do their best work – and we love to celebrate our wins along the way.
We’re proud to say that the name Copy Chief has become synonymous with quality and integrity in copywriting across the industry. This is where the top direct response marketers and business owners come to meet and hire their copywriters.
Everything we share is based on results, everyone treats each other with respect, and everyone invests in their membership so they can get the most return from it.
Learn more at CopyChief.com/Join