Copy Chief is hiring a full-time Operations and Project Management Specialist
We need an organized project management rockstar who can eventually grow into our Operations Manager.
Since that’s a big role to fill – we’re looking for someone who can develop into the role – starting as an Operational and Project Management Assistant. The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, extremely organized (like… OCD level :P), hyper-responsible, and love creating and managing “systems” to keep things simple and streamlined.
You’ll work directly with our current Operations Manager to help manage our team, operations, tasks, and calendar…
… and learn on-the-job everything you need to know to eventually take complete ownership of our Operational Team.
You’ll become our “task master” – helping your team members get the resources they need to do their best work, meet their deadlines, and make sure the trains are running on time.
If you’re someone who’s extremely organized and can take full ownership of the tasks they are given – googling your way to most answers and asking for extra help when needed…
And are hungry for an opportunity to grow into a leadership position with an amazing team – then we’d love to meet you.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to develop and progress their skills, and take on more responsibility as we grow.
You’ll be learning a lot. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along. This is a demanding role, with tons of support to help you improve your skills.
You will have access to dozens of top-of-the-line online training courses, powerful software tools, regular coaching from the Leadership Team, and the chance to lead a team of dedicated and skilled employees.
- You’re an experienced project manager, or operations manager
- You are able and willing to work during business hours in Eastern US timezone
- You can break down and clearly explain complex ideas and tasks simply
- You’re extremely organized and pay close attention to specific details
- You’re tech savvy and know how to use the basic tech needed to operate an online biz
- Google docs, Gdrive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Zoom, Loom or screeshare software, etc.
- Bonus if you’ve got experience with project management software (like basecamp, asana, or click-up)
- You’re not afraid to speak up if you think timelines or expectations are unrealistic
- You’re comfortable proposing a change when you think something can be done more effectively or efficiently
- You’re hard-working – we enjoy what we do and have fun doing it. We also get a lot done very quickly and will need you to as well.
- You’re comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and we use Toggl as our system for accountability, and growing the team.
- You have reliable (and fast) internet connection
- You’re looking for a great company you can go “all in” with and work with long-term
- You pride yourself on always doing your best work, and have a high attention to detail
- Defending deadlines and helping things keep to “the schedule” puts you in your happy place
- You’re self-directed, self-motivated and can Google your way to most answers you don’t know (and are willing to ask for specific help when you need it)
- It makes you crazy if things aren’t organized (seeing a theme here?)
- You’re GREAT at juggling several things at once, and can keep yourself (and others) organized when there’s lots going on
- You sometimes think of yourself as a mind-reader (meaning, you’re great at reading people and situations to anticipate what’s needed.)
- Proofreading and double checking your work gives you the warm fuzzies
- You’re comfortable managing people and teams (i.e. – you can keep track of what everyone is working on and keep everyone moving in the same direction.).
- And most importantly – you’re chill and easy to work with! (We do like to have fun while we take over the world)
- Full time = 30-35 hours /week
- Monthly retainer to be determined based on experience and performance
- 30-60 day (fully paid) trial period to make sure we’re a good fit
- Then 3-5 month training period before moving to the Phase 2 leadership role (see below)
- 10 days paid vacation time + paid U.S Holidays
- Work directly for the Leadership Team with constant opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled team as you grow into a leadership position
Scope and Responsibilities
Phase 1: Operations Assistant
- Assist the Marketing Manager in running the day-to-day of the business, managing their:
- Email and Basecamp messages
- Daily/weekly list of tasks
- “Office hours” where they’re available for the team, and acting as point-of-contact between them and other team members
- Attend team meetings and help implement plans and strategies discussed
- Create tasks and documents required to implement our monthly marketing campaigns
- Assist the team in rolling out the EOS operational system
- Help free up time/bandwidth for the Leadership team
- Help team members meet their deadlines and follow up about overdue tasks
- Help team members get the information, context, and resources they need to complete tasks
- Keep our data and files organized (storing and organizing files, updating spreadsheets, etc.)
- Create, update, and manage SOPs
- Assist with the roll out of new products and offers
- Help manage special operations projects
- Migrating our operations from Basecamp to ClickUp
- Organizing our Google drive
- Helping us organize virtual or live events
- Collaborate with team leaders and other departments to help us simplify and streamline our operations and project management systems/processes
- Examples: help us automate recurring tasks, make operational processes easier and simpler to follow, explore ways to help us better avoid mistakes, etc.
- KPI management
- Examples – collect reports/data from other departments, update KPI spreadsheets, and report the stats in team meetings
- Other administrative tasks
- Examples – setting up new email address filters, etc.
Phase 2: Operations Manager
Compensation based on experience and performance
- Take complete ownership of
- Project management systems
- Operational systems and processes
- Product delivery
- Data and file organization
- Operations team
- Operations KPIs
- Collaborate with Executive team on business strategy
- Lead and manage the execution of large-scale projects
- Continually improve and streamline our operations
- Lead the Operations team and act as liaison between them and the Executive Team
- Manage the roll-out of new products and offers
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to scale our coaching programs and offers (example – make sure our tech and operations are ready to increase the volume of customers coming in to our programs)
About Copy Chief
Copy Chief is a training center and community for freelancers and business owners looking to improve their marketing or business skills.
It’s the longest running and most respected marketing community where business owners and copywriters come together to…
- Learn how to write high-converting copy for clients or their own business
- Get unlimited copy critiques and feedback on their marketing campaigns
- Access actionable trainings backed by real, market-tested results (never convenient theory)
- Find high-level clients and freelancers in our active Job Boards
Our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” because we watch each other’s back with honest and instructive copy critiques, Masterclass-level trainings, and searchable framework templates to help you stay on track and pump out copy fast.
While our members are the backbone of what truly makes Copy Chief great, our Community culture and content is led by founder and marketing visionary Kevin Rogers.
Kevin started Copy Chief in 2014 so high-level copywriters and marketers could have a private place online (away from the clutter of social media) to share our well-guarded secrets on what works best (and what failed worst), so we could all do better work.
Since then we’ve opened our doors to members of all levels, from true legends of the industry to eager new converts to the craft looking to score their first client win.
Now Copy Chief is supported by a small, yet passionate team based all over the world.
We value resourcefulness, leadership, personal accountability, and passion for what you do – and of course – the desire to have a ton of fun while doing it.
We’re dedicated to giving our team members everything they need to grow into the best possible version of themselves and do their best work – and we love to celebrate our wins along the way.
We’re proud to say that the name Copy Chief has become synonymous with quality and integrity in copywriting across the industry. This is where the top direct response marketers and business owners come to meet and hire their copywriters.
Everything we share is based on results, everyone treats each other with respect, and everyone invests in their membership so they can get the most return from it.
Learn more at CopyChief.com/Join