Copy Chief is Hiring a Direct Response Copywriter
Are you an experienced copywriter driven by the thrill of seeing your work produce great results? Do you pride yourself on coming up with unique “big ideas?” Are you excited by the idea of collaborating with an ambitious and creative team?
We’re looking for an experienced and creative direct response copywriter to join our fast-growing marketing team.
You’ll collaborate with other marketing team members to come up with ideas, and develop interesting and effective copy for all aspects of the business, including:
- Monthly email copy to promote featured trainings, special offers, webinars, new events, and other monthly happenings
- Website copy for homepages or internal pages
- Facebook ad copy for ongoing and special campaigns
- Functional web and email copy and content for our various programs (i.e. – onboarding copy: “how to use the directory…”)
- New leads for sales pages that need a refresh
- Creative ideas for product and training titles and descriptions
- Quizzes to support our front-end funnels and generate new leads
- Copy to test improvements to our various front-end and back-end funnels
- List and customer re-engagement sequences
- Retention and renewal email sequences
- Supporting copy for all funnels (order forms, confirmation emails, upsell sequences, etc.)
- Occasional launch copy for our coaching programs and events (sales pages and promo emails)
- Affiliate packages and swipe copy
In addition, you’ll also review and edit copy written by other team members to make sure it meets our branding and voice requirements before going live.
While this is a fully-remote position, we do need you to be available in the US Eastern time zone for weekly team calls and collaborating with other team members.
Please read the job requirement and scope below carefully, then email coaching [at] copychief.com with “copywriter available” in the subject line. Include a description of your experience and why you’re interested in working with Copy Chief. Also include 3 samples of your best work.
Here are a few things that would make you a great candidate for this role:
- 3+ years direct response copywriting experience
- Proven track record of writing copy that meets established business and sales goals
- A deep understanding of how front-end and back-end funnels work
- Ability to come up with interesting and creative ideas for hooks, leads, and headlines
- Proofreading and double checking your work gives you the warm fuzzies
- Ability to adapt to and write in a specific “voice”
- You believe deadlines are sacred
- Experience writing both short-form and long-form Facebook ad copy
- Willing and able to become a W2 employee in the USA
- Can work during business hours in Eastern US timezone
- And most importantly – you’re chill and easy to work with! (We do like to have fun while we take over the world)
- Part-time = 20-25 hours /week to start (eventually developing into full-time role)
- Monthly retainer to be determined based on experience and performance
- 30-60 day (fully paid) trial period to make sure we’re a good fit
- 10 days paid vacation time + paid U.S Holidays
- Opportunity for performance-based incentives
- Work directly for the Leadership Team with constant opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled team leading the marketing industry
About Copy Chief
Copy Chief is a training center and community for freelancers and business owners looking to improve their marketing or business skills.
It’s the longest running and most respected marketing community where business owners and copywriters come together to…
- Learn how to write high-converting copy for clients or their own business
- Get unlimited copy critiques and feedback on their marketing campaigns
- Access actionable trainings backed by real, market-tested results (never convenient theory)
- Find high-level clients and freelancers in our active Job Boards
Our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” because we watch each other’s back with honest and instructive copy critiques, Masterclass-level trainings, and searchable framework templates to help you stay on track and pump out copy fast.
While our members are the backbone of what truly makes Copy Chief great, our Community culture and content is led by founder and marketing visionary Kevin Rogers.
Kevin started Copy Chief in 2014 so high-level copywriters and marketers could have a private place online (away from the clutter of social media) to share our well-guarded secrets on what works best (and what failed worst), so we could all do better work.
Since then we’ve opened our doors to members of all levels, from true legends of the industry to eager new converts to the craft looking to score their first client win.
Now Copy Chief is supported by a small, yet passionate team based all over the world.
We value resourcefulness, leadership, personal accountability, and passion for what you do – and of course – the desire to have a ton of fun while doing it.
We’re dedicated to giving our team members everything they need to grow into the best possible version of themselves and do their best work – and we love to celebrate our wins along the way.
We’re proud to say that the name Copy Chief has become synonymous with quality and integrity in copywriting across the industry. This is where the top direct response marketers and business owners come to meet and hire their copywriters.
Everything we share is based on results, everyone treats each other with respect, and everyone invests in their membership so they can get the most return from it.
Learn more at CopyChief.com/Join
Please read the job requirement and scope carefully, then email coaching [at] copychief.com with “copywriter available” in the subject line. Include a description of your experience and why you’re interested in working with Copy Chief. Also include 3 samples of your best work.