Copy Chief is hiring a Community Leader!
At Copy Chief, our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” – which means our Community is everything. We’re looking for the right person to join our team and “own” all the communication, marketing, and management of our internal customers and community.
This person will need to be intimately familiar with our offerings and community so they can manage the community forums as our lead moderator – creating content, providing support to members, helping keep the forum organized, and enforcing our community guidelines.
They will also work in collaboration with the Marketing Director to increase member retention, as well as create and manage content for community members. (i.e. – write posts to promote our training replays, coaching programs, etc.).
As part of this role, you’ll be a key part of our team. We love to celebrate team wins, and invest in the development of our key team members. You’ll have full access to our coaching programs like Escape Velocity and Real Free Life – as well as personal mentoring from Kevin and our other leaders.
The role is remote, but you must be able to work and be available during business hours on a US timezone. We’ll also ask you to attend weekly team meetings.
We will provide SOPs and training, but we’re looking for someone who can Google their way to most answers – and then ask for help when they get stuck.
The ideal person will have copywriting experience, an extremely high attention to detail, be polite, reliable, friendly, and professional in their communication, and have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You’re passionate about copywriting and creative marketing
- You’ve got experience as a community leader or customer service leader
- You have experience with customer retention strategies and tactics
- You can work in a US EST time zone. This role is remote and has somewhat flexible hours – but we are looking for someone who can manage our Community during Eastern Time Zone, Monday – Friday. You will also be expected to host zoom events for the community, and attend weekly team meetings on zoom during this time zone.
- You have reliable (and fast) internet connection. We live online and are often jammin’ on video-chat – so please ditch the dial-up
- You’re willing to continually improve your skills in Community Management, Retention Strategies, and Marketing (we’ll provide training and are looking for someone hungry to learn and grow)
- You’re an EXPERT at juggling several things at once, and can keep yourself (and others) organized when there’s lots going on
- You’re professional and polite in your communication, and can represent the company as such (even if “Angry Tuesday Lady” really DOES deserve to hear what you’re really thinking).
- You sometimes think of yourself as a mind-reader (meaning, you’re great at reading people and situations to anticipate what they need).
- You are able to speak and write in fluent English.
- You can break down and clearly explain complex ideas and tasks simply
- You’re tech savvy and know how to use the basic tech needed to operate an online biz
- Google docs, Gdrive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Zoom, Loom or screeshare software, etc.
- Bonus if you’ve got experience with Community forum software (like Xenforo, Invision, Discord, etc)
- You’re not afraid to speak up if you think timelines or expectations are unrealistic
- You’re comfortable proposing a change when you think something can be done more effectively or efficiently
- You’re hard-working – we enjoy what we do and have fun doing it. We also get a lot done very quickly and will need you to as well.
- You’re comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and we use Toggl as our system for accountability, and growing the team.
- You pride yourself on always doing your best work
- You’re self-directed, self-motivated and can Google your way to most answers you don’t know (and are willing to ask for specific help when you need it)
- You’re comfortable managing people
- And most importantly – you’re chill and easy to work with! (We do like to have fun while we take over the world)
- Part time = 15-20 hours /week
- 30-60 day (fully paid) trial period to make sure we’re a good fit
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled team as you grow into a leadership position
- 10 days paid vacation time + paid U.S Holidays
- Monthly retainer to be determined based on experience and performance
Scope and Responsibilities
**This is a general list. Specific tasks will vary but fit into these categories
Monthly Retainer: To Be Discussed + Opportunities for Performance-Based Bonuses
- Promote and moderate our Community events, like featured trainings and challenges
- Work with the marketing team to promote our coaching programs internally to members
- Help increase engagement in the forum and training dashboards
- Write copy to promote monthly campaign promos to members with direction of our Marketing Director
- Examples: writing summary copy for video replays, forum posts, and member-only emails
- Stay up to date with Copy Chief’s offers and products so you can confidently speak with others about them
- Support our Marketing Team to increase member retention
- Monitor and report on trends within the community that could help improve sales, products, and Copy Chief as a whole
- Provide ideas and lead special projects to increase member retention
- Respond to cancellation and refund requests to help educate members on assets they may not be aware of
- Create and manage all Member content
- i.e. – Making sure dates/times/links are correct for all communication going to members, Write weekly round ups or monthly recap emails, etc.
- Manage comments and questions on our social media profiles
- Our Publishing Manager will handle social media management, but we’d like you to be the “front line” of communication and respond to questions and messages on our social media profiles as the “face” of Copy Chief
- Act as lead moderator for the community
- Answer questions
- Review and approve/reject requests to join private “clubs”
- Reduce clutter by moving posts that are in the wrong place and directing members to posts that answer their questions
- Escalate problems or questions to the right team member, i.e. Support, Ambassadors, Customer Service, etc.
- Manage communications with our Ambassador (forum moderator) Team
- Host Community events and take notes to write summaries and bullets
- Liaise with our “Here to Hire” members – assisting with job postings and recommendations in the job boards
- Provide general encouragement to members in private “clubs” to support official co-coaches
About Copy Chief
Copy Chief is a training center and community for freelancers and business owners looking to improve their marketing or business skills.
It’s the longest running and most respected marketing community where business owners and copywriters come together to…
- Learn how to write high-converting copy for clients or their own business
- Get unlimited copy critiques and feedback on their marketing campaigns
- Access actionable trainings backed by real, market-tested results (never convenient theory)
- Find high-level clients and freelancers in our active Job Boards
Our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” because we watch each other’s back with honest and instructive copy critiques, Masterclass-level trainings, and searchable framework templates to help you stay on track and pump out copy fast.
While our members are the backbone of what truly makes Copy Chief great, our Community culture and content is led by founder and marketing visionary Kevin Rogers.
Kevin started Copy Chief in 2014 so high-level copywriters and marketers could have a private place online (away from the clutter of social media) to share our well-guarded secrets on what works best (and what failed worst), so we could all do better work.
Since then we’ve opened our doors to members of all levels, from true legends of the industry to eager new converts to the craft looking to score their first client win.
Now Copy Chief is supported by a small, yet passionate team based all over the world.
We value resourcefulness, leadership, personal accountability, and passion for what you do – and of course – the desire to have a ton of fun while doing it.
We’re dedicated to giving our team members everything they need to grow into the best possible version of themselves and do their best work – and we love to celebrate our wins along the way.
We’re proud to say that the name Copy Chief has become synonymous with quality and integrity in copywriting across the industry. This is where the top direct response marketers and business owners come to meet and hire their copywriters.
Everything we share is based on results, everyone treats each other with respect, and everyone invests in their membership so they can get the most return from it.
Learn more at CopyChief.com/Join